We need a talented developer to build great software and websites.
We specialise in building technically complicated websites, you won't be building CMS brochure sites. This means we need developers who have good .NET skills and can develop bespoke ASP.NET MVC sites.
Must-haves from a great developer
You must have all of these:
- Ability and passion to write great code
- At least two years experience developing .NET using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Intelligent, quick learner
- Keen to learn new technology and try new techniques
- Enthusiasm for technology, software development and creating websites
- Excellent, demonstrable understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Good knowledge of SQL/T-SQL
- Understanding of the full project lifecycle
Experience in any of the following would be great:
- Unit testing with NUnit or similar
- Scrum or other similar agile methodology
- CMSs such as Umbraco or Sitecore
- Git, such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Contributing to open source projects
- Machine learning and data science
- Writing transactional code for ecommerce sites, booking systems or similar software
- Making fast, high performance, responsive websites
- An agency background where you're used to working on multiple projects with fast-paced challenging briefs or a client-side background where you're used to working on supporting longer-term projects
Your responsibilities would include:
- Taking ownership of your own work and working within a team to deliver technically robust code
- Keeping project managers up to date on progress
- Actively participate with the team in agile planning, code reviews and retrospectives.
- Use appropriate agile practices and tools to efficiently develop new software, and change existing code. E.g. TDD, BDD, user stories, pull requests etc.
An ambitious and pro-active Developer could easily make themselves indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows.
- Experience dependant salary from £30,000 to £40,000
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by us - we've previously been to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly company funded socials
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is an agency based in central Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET websites, mainly ecommerce. We've developed our own ecommerce software which we use with 3rd party systems. We’re a small team: everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real impact.
We use Scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we've secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch and post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away aboard.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email or pop in for a chat.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Some of our other benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Great office near the SS Great Britain
- Remote working
- 22 days personal holiday, and bank holidays
- An extra 2 weeks Christmas holiday
- Plus an annual company trip (abroad) - holiday, but with your team
- Training and career development
- Friday beer o'clock, free softies and brekkie
Get in touch to find out more.
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.