We need a QA Engineer to join the team with a keen eye for detail and great communications skills.
Gibe has been busily growing over the past few years and we are looking for another tester to work alongside our senior tester. You will have had a previous role as a QA Engineer or tester and know it’s the QA life for you, we’re looking for you to hit the ground running!
Must haves fOR A QA Engineer
You must have all of these:
- 2+ years experience testing websites and/or web applications
- Ability to create test plans from use cases, wireframes and functional specifications
- Solid understanding of web technologies, devices and browsers
- Experience using CMS or eCommerce platforms
- An understanding of agile development practices
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- First-class communication skills
- A self-managing team player, managing your own time and being able to cope with multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience working with JIRA
- Automated testing experience with tools such as Selenium or Cypress
- Experience writing Gherkins (Cucumber, Behaviour Driven Development BDD or Test Driven Development TDD)
- Experience with browser testing tools such as Browserstack
Your responsibilities would include:
- Performing manual testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define
- Working in an agile team, ensuring the quality of delivered work within our 2 weekly sprints
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog pre-planning meetings
- Identifying when features do not meet expected behaviour and explaining your observation to the development team/producers
- Ensuring the team is adhering to their definition of done and not being afraid to call the team to task
- Reviewing the output of automated tests suites
- Experience-dependent salary from £23,000 to £27,000 (negotiable upwards if you have a higher level of experience)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus another two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Rome, Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer (in the office)
- Free breakfasts and fruit (in the office)
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- Remote working
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately CMS and eCommerce. We have developed our own eCommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Agile to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we have secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch/post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type. We have also introduced working from home and intend to continue to offer this for those who prefer remote working long term.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Some of our other benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Great office near the SS Great Britain
- Remote working
- Annual company holiday
- Training and career development
- Friday beer o'clock, free softies and brekkie
Get in touch to find out more.
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.