We are expanding our team. We also know the challenge of finding that dream role fresh after university. Perhaps we can solve both problems together?
We are looking for a junior / graduate developer to join our software development growing team.
You may have some experience under your belt or be fresh out of your Computer Science, or similar, course, we don't mind. As long as you live and breathe technology, love coding and want to build amazing websites, this may be the ideal role to kickstart your career.
We're a .NET development house, but are looking for someone smart who can write efficient code quickly and who is willing to learn new programming languages. This is a great opportunity for you to develop with a small, but growing digital agency.
You must have all of the following:
- You must be able to write code, we don’t mind what language, anything from PHP, C#, C, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
- You need to have a genuine interest in web technologies, computers and coding.
- You must have a positive attitude, want to get stuck in, tackle new problems and learn new technologies.
- You need to be a smart, creative thinker and quick learner, you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple projects and work within a fast paced development environment.
You get bonus points if you can show us code samples, or even better a GitHub, or StackOverflow account.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supporting the technical development of projects
- Learning from the team around you
- Producing robust Unit Tested code
- Liaising with your team and producers on projects and regularly updating them on progress.
- Coming up with new ideas and innovations to make better products
- Actively participate with the team in planning and review
As an ambitious and pro-active Developer you could easily make yourself indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows. We have taken on graduate developers in the past who have progressed rapidly and climbed both the ranks of capability, job role and pay progression
- Salary from £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience and capability
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- 22 days holiday (going up to 25 in 2023), plus bank holidays, plus 2 weeks holiday over Christmas on top of your holiday allowance
- An annual company trip - we've taken the team to Paris, Rome, Prague and Amsterdam in recent years
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beers and free breakfasts and fruit (in the office)
- Flexible working hours Working remotely from home if desired Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately ecommerce. We have developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use agile to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints. You’ll have the best tools available. Your first task when starting will be to spec and build your own PC and install all the latest software.
Our offices are located near the SS Great Britain on the harbourside. It's very easy to commute here via any mode of transport, and if you cycle we have secure bike storage. There are plenty of local places for lunch, drinks and there is a nearby gym.
We have a laid back but professional culture, we have free beer and soft drinks in the office, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do a regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and weekends away aboard.
If this sounds like your thing send us an email with your CV and a covering letter explaining your passion for code.
(Dear recruiters, please don't call us, we like to do these things ourselves)
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Some of our other benefits...
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Great office near the SS Great Britain
- Remote working
- 22 days personal holiday, and bank holidays
- An extra 2 weeks Christmas holiday
- Plus an annual company trip (abroad) - holiday, but with your team
- Training and career development
- Friday beer o'clock, free softies and brekkie
Get in touch to find out more.
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.