Front End Web Developer
Are you an intelligent, creative front-end expert?
Can you interpret requirements and deliver something that will wow our clients?
We are looking for a passionate Midweight Front End Developer with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn.
MUST-HAVES FROM A MIDWEIGHT FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER
You must have all of these:
- Passion for technology and creating websites
- Keen to learn new technology and try new techniques
- Understanding of responsive website techniques
- Understanding of how to make accessible websites
- At least three years of web development experience
- Agency experience where you're used to working on multiple projects
- Experience using Git
- SASS and BEM
- Able to provide examples of your own code
Experience in any of the following would be great:
- Build tools such as gulp and webpack
- Knowledge of SEO best practices for web layout, and page optimisation
- Knowledge of how to make websites performant
- Experience using Umbraco
Your responsibilities would include:
- Maintaining client websites
- Deliver technically robust code
- Code reviewing
- Keeping project managers up to date on progress
- Actively participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Salary from £30,000 upwards depending on experience and capability
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus another two weeks extra over Christmas
- An annual company trip with flights and accommodation paid for by Gibe - we've previously been to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- You get to spec and build your own machine with a decent budget, 2 large monitors and comprehensive software.
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominantly ecommerce. We have developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Scrum to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints.
Our harbourside offices are a very easy commute and if you cycle we've secure bike storage. There are many local places for lunch and post-work drinks and a gym nearby if you're the active type.
We have a laid-back but professional culture, table football and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and trips away .
If this sounds like your thing send us an email.
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.