Digital Producer (maternity cover)
We’re a rapidly expanding digital agency based in the centre of Bristol that need an experienced website producer, project or account manager for 9-12 months maternity cover to help manage our growing portfolio of clients.
We specialise in ecommerce, CMS and bespoke website development as well as providing on-going support and campaign delivery. Our clients are based all over the UK and generally sell premium products targeting high-end consumers.
The role of Producer at Gibe is a combined role with both project management and account management responsibilities. You will have a proven background delivering digital projects in an agency environment and will be comfortable working with clients and the studio team to deliver high-quality projects on time to an agreed budget. You'll have excellent people skills and the ability to understand and manage all aspects of delivery including scoping, UX, creative, build, testing and on-going support. You'll be calm under fire and comfortable managing multiple projects for different clients at one time. You’ll need to be organised, passionate about managing budgets, keeping projects in scope and managing change. Our project management methodology is based on agile; experience of using agile methods in the past is beneficial.
In addition to solid project management qualities, you'll be a people person, caring about your clients world and continually looking for new business opportunities within your accounts. You'll be the face of Gibe so it's imperative that you understand digital and can apply your own insight to your clients' business, adding value wherever possible.
You must have all of these:
- A proven track record of delivering projects of all sizes on time, in scope and on budget
- Excellent organisational skills, you will need to be highly organised and able to juggle multiple projects at different stages at once, as well as hand and respond effectively to change.
- Ability to excellently account manage multiple clients at once
- Be a natural leader, able to work with the whole team and clients not only on project success but also with an eye on helping the agency grow
- Top rate communication and diplomacy skills
- Be able to produce detailed and comprehensive project plans
- Strong knowledge of website best practices; especially in the ecommerce sector
- The ability to produce well-written documentation, emails and reports
- Ability to translate technical requirements into plain English
- Passion for digital solutions and the best user experience
- Experience with agile delivery methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- Qualifications in agile, e.g. Scrum Master
- Experience using JIRA
- A good to excellent knowledge of SEO and analysis of analytics data
- UX skills such as the ability to create your own sitemaps and responsive wireframes (we typically use Axure), design and run user testing experiments
- Knowledge of the Umbraco CMS
- Experience with e-commerce websi
- Experience working in both agencies and client-side
Your responsibilities would include:
- Taking the lead on your accounts and projects
- Ensuring requirements are accurately gathered, costed and written in a clear unambiguous fashion and ready for work
- Writing project documentation including producing statements of work and functional specifications in collaboration with the development team
- Presenting work to clients and ensuring timely sign-off
- Actively participate with the team in agile planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Chairing and participating in meetings and providing timely contact reports
- Keeping in regular contact with your clients; including picking up the phone often or/and making visits and building up long-lasting relationships
- Controlling change and costing and agreeing change requests when applicable
- Budget management
- Bringing new ideas and process improvements to the team
- Ensuring that knowledge is shared across the team.
- An ambitious and pro-active Producer could easily make themselves indispensable at Gibe. We have aggressive expansion in mind and this would be an opportunity to grow your role as the company grows.
- Experience dependant salary from £25k to £35k
- Working from home and Covid-19: We currently support full-time working from home for all employees with the option for a few to be in the office if desired under strict social-distancing and hygiene standards.
- Discretionary bonus
- Inclusion in the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday, bank holidays, plus 2 weeks holiday over Christmas on top of your holiday allowance
- Training budget for courses and conferences of your choosing
- An annual company trip
- Monthly socials on the company
- Free soft drinks and beer
- Free breakfasts and fruit
Gibe is a digital agency based right in the centre of Bristol. We specialise in technically complex .NET sites, predominately ecommerce. We have developed our own ecommerce software which we use alongside 3rd party systems. As we’re a small team everyone has the opportunity to contribute and make a real difference to the company.
We use Scrum and Kanban to manage all of the work going through the studio, running fortnightly sprints. You’ll have the best tools available. Our offices are located near the SS Great Britain on the Harbour side. It's very easy to commute here via any mode of transport, and if you cycle we have secure bike storage. There are plenty of local places to get lunch for all budgets, for post-work drinks and there is a gym within commuting difference if you're the active type.
We have a laid back but professional culture, we have free beer and soft drinks in the office, table football, and casual dress code. On top of that, we’re a social bunch that try and keep a good work/life balance. We do regular socials, which have included: clay pigeon shooting, games nights, bar openings, pool tournaments and long weekends away aboard.
Of course, we caveat some of the above with some activities being reduced due to the pandemic; we are making sure we continue to offer a safe environment either in the office or working from home. We try to include as many perks as we are able to make our working days as fun and productive as possible.
If this sounds like your thing give us a call on 0117 428 6650, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not contact if you're a recruiter; we prefer to do these things direct.
Why work at Gibe Digital?
Having asked the team what the best bit about Gibe is, they unanimously said, "our team". We believe it's important to have a team that can support each other, get on well and share knowledge.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Christmas bonuses
- Central harbourside location
- Annual company trip abroad
- Training and career development
- Free soft drinks
- Friday beer o'clock
- Free breakfast and fruit
- Regular company socials
- Build your own computer - we know how important your machine is
If this sounds like you, give us a call on 0117 428 6650 or send us an email.